Pinnacle - Hitting the highest Point
DISCLAIMER :
This website [Pinnacle.withme.us] claims no credit for any information, news and/or images featured on this site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyright to its respectful owners. Information on this site may contain errors or inaccuracies too - we do not make warranty as to the correctness or reliability of the site's content. If you own rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on this site, please leave a private message and it will deleted immediately.

By clicking on " LOGIN " below:
- You acknowledge to have fully read the Term of Service while you registering of this FORUM;
- You commit yourself to respect unreservedly these current rules;
- You grant the moderators of this forum the right to delete, move or edit any discussion subject at any moment.

Please visit http://datanetops.blogspot.com for more info.

Pinnacle - Hitting the highest Point
DISCLAIMER :
This website [Pinnacle.withme.us] claims no credit for any information, news and/or images featured on this site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyright to its respectful owners. Information on this site may contain errors or inaccuracies too - we do not make warranty as to the correctness or reliability of the site's content. If you own rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on this site, please leave a private message and it will deleted immediately.

By clicking on " LOGIN " below:
- You acknowledge to have fully read the Term of Service while you registering of this FORUM;
- You commit yourself to respect unreservedly these current rules;
- You grant the moderators of this forum the right to delete, move or edit any discussion subject at any moment.

Please visit http://datanetops.blogspot.com for more info.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images   BLOG  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Never provide your password to anyone, even if this person claims to be a forum moderator or administrator. For more information about this forum please read FAQ or visit datanetops.blogspot.com
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Which Technology is Better: GSM or CDMA?
Installation Guide:  LINUX - DSL Connection I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:14 pm by Boazdexter

» Cisco Router Simulator Software
Installation Guide:  LINUX - DSL Connection I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:46 pm by Enforcer

» Ceragon Software
Installation Guide:  LINUX - DSL Connection I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:42 pm by Enforcer

» Chariot v4.3.1212 for Windows (c) NetiQ
Installation Guide:  LINUX - DSL Connection I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:36 pm by Enforcer

» IP Security Software
Installation Guide:  LINUX - DSL Connection I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 1:01 pm by Enforcer

» Linux Application software
Installation Guide:  LINUX - DSL Connection I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:19 am by Enforcer

Installation Guide:  LINUX - DSL Connection Labels=1
Installation Guide:  LINUX - DSL Connection Pageviews=1
Top posters
Enforcer
Installation Guide:  LINUX - DSL Connection I_vote_lcapInstallation Guide:  LINUX - DSL Connection I_voting_barInstallation Guide:  LINUX - DSL Connection I_vote_rcap 
Congressman
Installation Guide:  LINUX - DSL Connection I_vote_lcapInstallation Guide:  LINUX - DSL Connection I_voting_barInstallation Guide:  LINUX - DSL Connection I_vote_rcap 
jemscaburn
Boazdexter

Installation Guide: LINUX - DSL Connection

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Enforcer
Private
Private
Enforcer

Installation Guide:  LINUX - DSL Connection Empty
PostSubject: Installation Guide: LINUX - DSL Connection   Installation Guide:  LINUX - DSL Connection I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:56 pm

RedHat Linux - Guide to DSL Connection

Information needed:

• Assigned IP address.
  • Assigned Subnet Mask address (255.255.255.0).
  • Assigned Gateway address (Change the last octet of the IP address to "1").
  • Assigned DNS (202.78.97.2).

At your shell prompt, type the following:
    /sbin/ifconfig eth0 netmask 255.255.255.0 x.x.x.x
    Replace x.x.x.x with the Static IP address assigned to the client.
    Once the command has executed, type /sbin/ifconfig. The results should look similar to:

lo Link encap:Local Loopback

inet addr:127.0.0.1 Bcast:127.255.255.255 Mask:255.0.0.0
    UP BROADCAST LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:3584 Metric:1
    RX packets:1775 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0
    TX packets:1623 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:3E:11:61:FF:5E

inet addr:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Bcast:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Mask:255.255.255.0
    UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:4325 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0
    TX packets:3257 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0
    Interrupt:11 Base address:0x280

Open the file /etc/sysconfig/network in your favorite text editor. The contents should look similar to:

NETWORKING=yes
    FORWARD_IPV4=false
    HOSTNAME=anyname
    GATEWAY=xxx.xxx.xxx.1
    GATEWAYDEV=eth0

Enter the default gateway IP address of the client (xxx.xxx.xxx.1).

Save the file.

On the file /etc/resolv.conf in your favorite text editor. The contents need to look like the following:

nameserver 202.78.97.2
    nameserver 202.78.97.3

Save this file.
    It should now be connected via DSL. To verify connectivity, ping the gateway
    It should get he following response:

PING xxx.xxx.xxx.1 (xxx.xxx.xxx.1): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from xxx.xxx.xxx.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=254 time=11.935 ms
    64 bytes from xxx.xxx.xxx.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=254 time=12.968 ms
    64 bytes from xxx.xxx.xxx.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=254 time=12.824 ms
    64 bytes from xxx.xxx.xxx.1: icmp_seq=3 ttl=254 time=10.028 ms
    64 bytes from xxx.xxx.xxx.1: icmp_seq=4 ttl=254 time=12.744 ms

--- xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ping statistics ---

5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0% packet loss
    Press CTRL-C to stop pinging the server.

Your Linux box should now be connecting via your DSL line.

NOTE: To make these changes permanent between reboots, you must put the command

/sbin/ifconfig eth0 netmask 255.255.255.0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in /etc/rc.local.
    RedHat machines may use the /usr/sbin/netconfig utility instead.

Back to top Go down
http://ajpuno.50webs.com

Installation Guide: LINUX - DSL Connection
Page 1 of 1